No New Year's resolutions here. I find resolutions much like the fortunes one gets in fortune cookies - fun in their intent, but not worth the paper they're printed on.
So, instead of New Year's resolutions, I thought I'd offer
10 9 QuestionsTo Ask Your Women Customers ... and share the most important two words you can utter...
1. If you could change ONE thing about our store or website, what would it be? Ah, the answers you'll get to that could change the way you do business in 2008. For the better.
2. Is there anything I can help you with? That's old school, I know. But, it's a polite gesture that still works. Women don't have any problem saying, "No, thanks." They actually prefer the option. Just don't overdo it.
3. Is this your first visit to our store/website? If it is, you have an opportunity to begin your relationship. If it isn't, you have an opportunity to take the relationsip to the next level (offering help, offering coupons, introducting loyalty programs...)
4. Would you care to sign up for our newsletter, in order to receive sales' announcements and store specials? If you don't have a newsletter, get one. Or start a blog. Find a way to connect to your women customers on a weekly basis...unless...see Question 5.
5. How often would you like to be contacted with news from us? Some women like a weekly update, others want a monthly. Few women want a daily. I receive daily updates from several online merchants and I delete them all. Those who send me weekly or monthly updates get my attention. But, that's me. Ask the question or you'll never know.