Toby Bloomberg, she of the outstanding Diva Marketing blog, was tagged recently by non-other than the esteemed B.L. Ochman (can you tell these ladies are among my BBFFs? hey, B.L. ,I grew up in a haunted house, too!) to reveal "7 Things that you don't know about me..." and then tagged me.
Naturally, when tagged, one must keep the meme going and tag others so...pay attention - you may be next. I have renamed this meme a bit, as I could not think of 7 things you don't know about me - instead I'll share 7 Things I Would Never Tell My Mother... Enjoy.
1. I would never tell my Mother that her perm is not working. My mother is fastidious about her hair. Luckily, my older sister did tell her and she stopped getting the perms. Her hair is the happier for it. Yay!
2. I would never tell my Mother about the time I went to the grocery store in my PJs, complete with slippers. It was a mistake. Why broadcast it? I forgot what I was wearing (they were sweats, no one noticed), and I have industrial strength slippers...so, it was harmless. But, don't tell my Mother - there's no telling how appalled she would be!
3. I would never tell my Mother she should learn to blog. Or use a computer. Or get on the Internet. She might find this blog and...who knows - leave a comment! (maybe I will tell her all those things...)
4. I would never tell my Mother that I always wanted to be an only child. Why she had to clutter the house up with all those other kids (3 sisters and a brother) is beyond me! Oh the pleasures of being an only child!
5. I would never tell my Mother that I am not really interested in our family history. That's bad, isn't it? But, I have serious doubts about those geneaology sites - after all, where do they get their information? Public records are NOT always reliable. Still, I should lighten up on that - I might be related to someone important. LIke Toby or B.L.
6. I would absolutely never tell my Mother that all those times she dragged me to Bingo when I was a kid, it was like suffering through a bad movie without popcorn. I cringed whenever she mentioned girl's night out. To this day, I cannot look at a Bingo dot without horror!
7. And, I would never tell my Mother that every time I visit her I secretly wish I never had to go home. (She'd just make it easier for me to stay!)
Now, I certainly would tell my Mother and do...how important she is to the family, and to me. I tell her to try and relax, she's earned it. I tell her to slow down and remember that my Dad, suffering from Alzheimer's, is like a two-year old and she is not really capable of caring for a two-year old - she should get help. And go to Bingo once in awhile.
Maybe, someday soon, I'll tell her all the things I don't think I should tell her - because I think they will make her laugh. And laughter is the sunshine of our souls - without it, the garden we tend would wither and wilt. Laugh today.
Time for the tag: Do share 7 Things We Don't Know About You or...7 Things You Would Never Tell Your Mother... the world is eager to hear:
Guy Kawasaki (I know, he's very unlikely to play - he's a busy man - I respect that - but wouldn't it be FUN if he did?)