by Guest Blogger, Lena West
Is it just me or is anyone else sick of meme-ing and tagging? Or maybe I'm just having a bad social media day? So, I got tagged on my tech blog over at ITtoolbox. I posted my responses in my Journal rather than my blog. I played along even though I didn't know a soul whom I tagged. What a yukky spam-like feeling...
And, only because it's Diane Danielson of DWC am I going to play along this time with the meme. I'm not going to go into how it works - you already know that. So, here we go:
1. What have you learned so far from visitors to your blog?
I have an I have learned that for the most part people are people - online and off. There are some who are willing to confront their crap and there are those who take offense at anything remotely linked to personal responsbility. Sounds a lot like high school, eh?
Oh, and that I get a LOT more comments when I "tell it like it is" than when I'm in "teach" or "knowledge transfer" mode. Hmmm...
2. If someone would offer to pay for a course (or more) for you, what would that course be?
Well since we're putting the Law of Attraction into action here, I'd like for someone to pay for my HarmonicWealth Weekend with James Ray. (Be careful of the loud *ss audio on that page).
I'll also take my undergrad degree, my Masters on up through my doctorate, a house in Miami and a Range Rover. The question *did* say "or more".
3. Are you satisfied with what you've achieved in 2006, in general?
It's funny that this question comes up. I thought I wasn't until I completed an exercise recommended by Cheryl Richardson. Then when I really looked at it, I accomplished a LOT.
- I was featured in Entrepreneur Magazine - not once but TWICE.
- I developed relationships with key centers of influence.
- I found a kick-butt mentor - who shall remain nameless to respect her privacy but she's a Seventeen girl at heart, like me :)
- I finally found a creative professional with enough creativity to rebrand the company. No links, I'm keeping her a secret for now. (Is it just me or is creativity going the way of common sense?)
- I actually made time for friends.
- I took a 3-day silent retreat in upsate New York to celebrate my solar return.
- I found a rockin' wellness coach and boy has she helped me get my act together. Wellness isn't just about diet and exercise, there's finances, relationships, mindset, etc.
- And, we launched The Technology Diet and packed each class immediately. (For those of you waiting for the new dates to be announced, we're working on it! Soon, I promise!)
4. Has blogging changed your life or your personality in any way?
It's made me more scheduled, I'll tell you that. Guest blogging on two blogs and now posting to my own, has made me more accountable. In the words of Martha, that's a good thing.
I'm also more tolerant of other's viewpoints. I've always been respectful of others but, now I'm more understanding.
I've also accepted myself more. Blogging has forced me even more to come face-to-face with exactly who I am - warts and all and, to put that self on display. Who cares if people like what I have to say or not? As long as I'm in alignment with my intention, that's all that matters.
5. If you had the opportunity to meet one person that you admire the most in the world, who would that person be?
ALIVE: I'd like to have dinner with Sidney Poitier, Nelson Mandela, Oprah Winfrey and Sharon Stone.
RELEASED: Mi abuela, Mary, for whom my family's resturant is named. (That's her picture top left.) Even though her spirit presence visits me in my dreams, I still miss her physical presence.
*Gasp and clutch the pearls*, I'm NOT going to tag or meme anyone else. So there.
And, now back to our regularly scheduled program...