Looks like we're ending the year right. I'm discovering more and more websites and blogs about "going green." There is even "green" buzz everywhere I go. It's encouraging, don't you think?
Here are the newest places (and one sustainable one) I've found that are tracking, talking, or totally committed to green...in all the right places, for all the right reasons.
1. Found this site, The Daily Green, in an article in one of my marketing magazines. To quote, "The web just got a little greener. In November, New York's Hearst Magazines Digital Media launched TheDailyGreen.com, a Web portal for those who want to live more eco-friendly lifestyles." They claim they're the first to do this - and I'm not one to argue with them. But, their "first" is still lagging behind all the other "firsts" on the web... like,
2. Mary Hunt, whose blog is a stellar example of how to get the word out, is big into Word of Mouth, the one and only true success in the world of marketing. Her blog, In Women We Trust, shouts green, in more ways than one. Take a look...and notice the widget on the top left...for The Big Green Purse. You can get one for your blog... you'll see it on this blog come 2008.
3. Sustainable is a big buzz term in the going green world. That's key - being sustainable... This blog, Sustainable Marketing talks a good talk, although I am disappointed that they do not seem to be posting very often. Well, we'll cut them some slack. They have outstanding content and offer key insight.
4. Marketing Green has a good article on the ho-hum quality of green, and how it's not going away, regardless of its decline into "boring green conversation." My quote.
Here's a real quote from the Marketing Green site, "So far, this holiday season has seen a rather muted push on green by retailers, both in terms of the products they sell and the messages they communicate to consumers. Marshal Cohen, Chief Industry Analyst at NPD Group, recently suggested that such lack of enthusiasm by retailers reflects waning interest in green. Cohen stated: “It’s basically a card that a lot of people played while it was hot and trendy…and it got overplayed.”
5. Now, check out The Lazy Environmentalist...and really get green! This site has the images to go with the text. There is nothing like a picture to bring home the truth. Even in our digitally enhanced world, a picture is worth...a thousand words.
This one is borrowed from The Lazy Environmentalist... it speaks volumes, doesn't it?